Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quote Response

"Sometimes things can go right only by first going very wrong." (Edward Tenner)


There’s always that time when you get to know about something better after you make the big mistake. You may ask, why make the mistake when you may be able to understand it with out it. Well for some of us, if they had never crashed into that particular uphill of their life, they never would of tried it, and as a result, would never have gotten to enjoy the downhill. For example I had a time at a theme park where my peers decided to go on the free fall ride. I was one of the absolute protesters and if it wasn’t for my friend who yanked me into the waiting line, I would of never even thought of trying it. It was too late to get out of the line by then because people were constantly being added into the line and there already was a long line building up behind me. Terrified, as my seat began to lift up, I shut my eyes tight and started searching for prayers. Again, it was my friend who told me to open my eyes. What lay beyond me was bewitching. Although I could only see a small part of Auckland beyond the theme park, it was pure New Zealand-ness with towers and all, especially the fact that it was in harmony with its greenness. What came next were more thumbs up-we began to fall.  After the ride, I got to know that I actually enjoyed it and it was my friend who claimed that she was never going to try the ride again. So, in summary, although you might never want to get involved in some particular act, once you try it or get involved by mistake, you might learn new things about it, and maybe get to like it….and might as well as do that crazy thing all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment