Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thought Questions

How do you plan on choosing a career?
Choosing a career is a major decision of my life; It deals with my future and it may possibly be where I will be stuck at for the rest of my life. My career would depend on my academics as well as the area that I am especially good at or have special interests on. There are much more careers available for me than I am aware about now and planing would be necessary. Many resources about careers and jobs are available in the internet and when searching through the resources, I would choose a job with a reasonable income as well as balance it out with what I know will enjoy doing.

Does your gender make a difference?
Although the old view of dividing male and female's domain of work area have been improved, choosing your career may heavily depend on your gender. For example, many mothers have part time jobs or even no particular specialities, being the housekeeper most of the time. Furthermore, some say that it is wrong for the leader's place or higher positioned job is handed to females. On the other hand, I think that unlike the society that we have now, both female and male would be judged equally when coming to job opportunities regarding to the fact that education have improved.

Who will help you choose your career?
My parents are the most influential people on me, as well as my friends. My mother is a dentist, thus, I had seen the grim sides of being one of her, and especially because I downright hated having to see "blood" I knew that doctors of any kind was out of my list. My friends are also a great help to me in choosing my career, as we are able to discuss our areas of interests with out the pressures of parents.

Can the bible offer any help?
Another source that I may be able to receive help is from God's words, the Bible. It does not tell us directly of what careers we should choose, but it informs us of the right path we should take especially when it comes to choices. Moreover, we can connect our lives to the parables in the Bible, and through the Bible, God may be able to direct us to the plans that he had set up for us.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    Keep up the great work! You clearly took the necessary time to think these questions through. I also commend how you have written each paragraph with a clear topic sentence. Well done!

    ReplyDelete